Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Drum Roll Please....Our house!!

When we decided to buy a house, I knew it would be a process...but I was not expecting the stressful, expensive, some times ridiculous experience we had! Although we loved our house we were renting in Dilworth, it was tiny. I don't mean kind of small...I mean tiny...975 square feet to be exact.  And the bathroom....oh the bathroom...our new walk in closet is larger! That's no joke!

Since we live 4 hours from our hometowns, we also wanted enough space that more than one family member at a time could come visit!

When we first started looking, I found a great realtor, Leslie! She is from Charlotte and really knew her stuff when it came to real estate! It wasn't long after the search began that I realized how picky I was.  If the kitchen was a nightmare, I didn't even want to go inside. His and hers sinks were a must...a deal breaker really!  This house had been on the market for quite some time...but it wasn't until they FINALLY dropped the price that we thought it might be a possibility!

So here it is!! Our first home!


This house was flipped...so this was actually a carport that was turned into a bonus room!!







This is still a work in progress! You can see our corner of stuff over there! We're slowly getting rid of things we don't need anymore.

I love Pintrest, but I have to say, I have done very few projects that I have seen.  When I saw this idea, though, I thought it was genius!  When you first walk into the bonus room from outside, there is a very large bookcase in the wall. While we like to read, it would take us forever to fill this bookcase.  So pintrest gave me a very practical idea.


We removed three selves, added some hooks, and now it's a great place for keys, mail, sunglasses, etc! I must say, it is the best home project I have done so far!

Like I said before, the kitchen was very important to me! I had no intention of going into a house and renovating the kitchen...not to mention, I can't imagine how much that would cost! So the first time I saw this house, I immediately LOVED the kitchen!


There wasn't a backsplash behind the stove, but I found this little number at Hobby Lobby (thanks to Meghan) for a more modern version!


We also bought (more like splurged on) this wine cabinet...but I had to have it!


This house was flipped...so I would assume that, originally, there was a wall separating the kitchen and the den.  We love how open it is so you can carry on a conversation while cooking supper! The table was assembled by Justin (after I gave up from frustration) and all the furniture we had to purchase (another thing that is crazy expensive! Thanks Rooms-to-Go for reasonable prices)



I've found most of our decorating extras from HomeGoods. It is the most amazing store...and SO cheap! I feel guilty going anywhere else!

When we knew we would have to buy more furniture (since we were moving from our tin can) we bought a king size bed for our bedroom! Best. Decision. Ever.



All our furniture in this room also had to be purchased! Again, thank you Rooms-to-Go!

And one of my favorite rooms....


This bathroom is amazing! This was also part of the "flip"...we can't figure out how it was originally designed...I can assure you not like this! Some one was really thinking of women when they mapped this room out!

The rest of the house is some what of an on-going project! We got some great furniture from my aunt and uncle, and then a set of beds from my grandparents so that was a huge help!


Since this house was renovated, it has an odd amount of bathrooms. Our house is actually listed as 4 bedrooms, 2 full 2 half baths.  I'm sure we will appreciate all the toilets eventually but right now it's just a lot to clean!


Upstairs doesn't get much use yet...unless we have guests! So all these rooms are also a "project"!






So the first "house post" is finally done! Sorry for the delay...I'm quickly learning there is always something on the house to-do list! We love our new nest and can't wait to entertain here with friends and family! We feel very blessed for all we have!












No comments:

Post a Comment