Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Last For a While

Last weekend, we were in Raleigh for the last wedding for quite some time! After 3 years of feeling like the weddings were coming faster than we could keep up, our final wedding weekend (that we know about) has come and gone.

And what a way to go out! Not only was the wedding in our old stomping grounds--Raleigh--but it was one of my best friends from college saying "I do".  And it was about time!  Katherine and David met when we were seniors in college (undergrad)...yes...2007, friends! It was definitely worth the wait though! The weekend was so fun from beginning to end.

No one in our group is a fantastic public speaker, so any time we have to plan the dreaded speech it takes weeks...many weeks and even more emails to get it right! Friday night, we nervously got through the rehearsal dinner--and after our speech/awesome poem written by my cousin's sweet wife...all the girls were finally able to relax.  Some of David's family friends threw a party for all the out-of-towners to kick off the weekend!



The wedding was beautiful and Katherine was stunning! We all got ready together and helped  Katherine get ready.  I have to say, of all my bride friends, I thought Katherine would be the one to stay cool as a cucumber---but during the ceremony, she did give me a look that made me think I needed to find some tissues---quickly! Everyone kept it together, though, and it went off without a hitch--other than David trying to put her wedding band on the right hand!  And may I add, when the father of the bride says his one line, "her mother and I", it is much more elegant when there is an amazing British accent behind those words!







So, our tradition continues...the garter made it's fourth appearance.  We all have a ribbon with our married initials and our wedding date. For some of us it was our something borrowed, for me, my something blue...either way, it's a fun way to share a small part of our wedding with our group of friends. And Katherine will hang on to it until it's the next girl's turn : )


The reception was beautiful and the band was A-mazing! Let's just say "Call Me Maybe" and "Party in the USA" were played---I was a happy girl!


Katherine also included her Indian side and changed into a sari during the reception.  Her grandfather had it made in India---LOVE it!


So, our long long string of weddings surely went out with a awesome night!  We were able to catch up with so many college friends and have a great night in Raleigh! GO PACK!

Right now Katherine and David our down in the Dominican Republic avoided Hurricane Isaac---knowing them both, I'm sure they are making the most of it--and turning it into a party!





No comments:

Post a Comment